Go Back   Innercycling Forums: "Your Indoor Cycling Place in Cyberspace!" > Diet, Nutrition amd Training > Tell us about your Training
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2011, 08:49 PM

Default Rides for the Summer?

Anyone have some plans for major training rides for the summer? SHARE! PLEASE!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:25 PM

I'll be in Grand Rapids, Michigan next weekend for the 2011 National 24 Hour Challenge. My hopes are that my surgically repaired knee holds out for the duration. Lack of training and strength are my biggest fear. I'll report my results.

Goal is anything over 250 miles since I know I will not be able to hit my PR this year due to the exceptionally wet spring.

The straightest distance between two points is a whole bunch of circles.

My Blog
Old 06-10-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffCycles View Post
I'll be in Grand Rapids, Michigan next weekend for the 2011 National 24 Hour Challenge. My hopes are that my surgically repaired knee holds out for the duration. Lack of training and strength are my biggest fear. I'll report my results.

Goal is anything over 250 miles since I know I will not be able to hit my PR this year due to the exceptionally wet spring.
good luck Raff I've always been interested in these 24 hr events
Old 06-10-2011, 05:57 PM

No plans for major training rides but definitely getting out on the bikes. If you read that thread I started about a new bike for my dh, you know he is now the proud owner of his very own, very first road bike. Just picked it up today. Our first ride will be on a local bike-dedicated road called the "Olympic Discovery Trail" in Sequim (pronounced "squim"), WA. Mostly flat, 95% paved, totally do-able for the kids, and about 30 min. from my house. Perfect. Here's a link in case you're curious: http://www.olympicdiscoverytrail.com/

Other than that, taking it easy and getting used to our bikes. Maybe the Seattle To Portland next year, but don't quote me on that...
Old 07-18-2011, 11:31 AM

[quote=NWCycle;106672] If you read that thread I started about a new bike for my dh, you know he is now the proud owner of his very own, very first road bike. QUOTE]

No I didn't....my bad.

I'm the proud owner of a dh who got his very first road bike thanks to me. Well, not exactly a road bike.....one of those hybrids with a road bike frame but flat handlebars. He fought me like you couldn't imagine when I decided it should be his 60th b-day present (hey....if I have to suck up Tiffany earrings and MaxMara clothing as presents, I'm pretty sure that a bike for prolly half the price isn't something to beat me over the head with!!!)

Here's hoping you don't have a lying cheating spouse like what I have (with Chris Carmichael and Coach Troy, not a cute and perky secretary or whatnot!!) and you can drop him like a stone when you're out riding.

Vivienne